Sunday, May 20, 2007
nostalgia of college memories
It was when I was browsing an orkut community of my senior batch, who had to say good bye to our college just few days ago after 4 years of engineering, that the feeling of nostalgia gave me a kick. I was going through the posts in the community and a sense of sentimentalness and strong bathetic expression arising from the heart of my seniors was ubiquitously present in all the posts. It made be dumb-founded for a moment. Is that the way one feels when it comes to say bye ? I have seen many such occasions in my life when a person leaves family or something he loves most, I have seen tears rolling down the eyes, but still these post were enough to convice me that leaving a college is tougher than anything else I have ever envisioned. The guys discussed for batch momento for 3 months, trying to include all opinions in final momento, endeavouring to make it best momento of the world, just to look at it 10 years later to draw a nostalgic feeling, to revive the reminisceces of the 4 years, feared by the fact they might forget a bit of them. I am really struck and nervous by all that. Is that feeling going to hit me after 8-9 months from now. No, I really dont want to feel like that, I cant say good bye to anything, let it be anything, thats the toughest moment I ever face. Later I browsed through their blogs and see what ,,, someone is wrinting of the first day he came to daiict, and to someone, the day he first performed on stage became the long lasting memory, or to someone it was the good time he had with his friends, and to someone the foodcourt in night was the thing never forgottable, the galls, gaming, bunking lectures, screwing grades, night outs, parties, functions and last but not the least prof., everything , everything of it was like piching somewhere to them, brewing a feeling that daiict was best part of their life. 4 years to them were like 4 pals or even shorter which just escapes in one wink. Probably these memories are the most beautiful gift daiict could ever give them. Someone has said this --- jab waqt gujar jata hai to aur bhi hasin ho jata hai ... That's very true. Best of luck to all my seniors in all their endeavours
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment