This was a day full of nervousness, uncomfortable feeling, as I had my GRE exam in the evening, the exam long awaited, the exam that carried some expectation, some hopes and consequentially a lot of hardwork and time I had dedicated for it, not to get a score of 1500 but to touch 1250. Yes, that was my target, only 1250.
I did not have proper sleep a day before, and it had cause some tension, mainly because even thinking of answering one question wrong in Gre-Quant is the sin that one guy with poor vocabulary can never afford to commit and the insomania last night had increased probability of wrong answer by a bit, the bit that mattered a lot and could cause a lot.
Among this tension, I tried to sleep in the day but unfortunately couldnt and wasted the time I could have used revising my english vocabulary reading all those lexicons that always confounded me and made fascinated about the lexicographer. How come anyone remember all these words. Well, it was already 11 am and I had to leave from college by 2:30 to reach the prometric center by 4 pm. In these last 3 hrs, I finally reviewed some of the practice math questions to brush up my concepts and mental tissues, had my lunch at 2 pm and then reached prometric by 4 . Soon after the initial formalities, like filling up a form and showing the required documents etc., a guy came who spoke unfaltering fluent english in the speed faster than I had ever heard before. Half of what he was speaking was getting off without landing in the brain. Finally after all of his instruction that were already written at ten different places, he asked us to be ready for entering into the examination chamber. Soon after this, my name was called and before I could enter I was asked to deposit whatever I had in a locker including pencil, pen, wallet and keys. For a moment this amazed me, it was the 1st kind of exam where students are asked to submit there pen, pencil and are allowed to write the exam using the only pencils provided by the examiner.
Fine I got into and 2 really boring issue came, on which I would have been loathful and shown paramount reluctance to even to think(Gre-people are really great at finding the most boring possible topics and giving them as issue of your essay). But soon completion of this 1:15 hrs section made me relaxed and after this I was allowed to take a 10 minute break which I found really helpful and a need. After this I prayed for the verbal section as I wanted to attempt my verbal section first, because in case of attending quant first, doubt in 1-2 question of Quant (even if the reason would have been ambiguity) could have pressurized me and have effected my performance in verbal as well. But finally, the Quant came first, I completed this section with more than 10 mins remaining. But in the end I had doubt in 1 answer and I was almost sure that I was not getting 800. After this quant section, did all the questions of verbal as well, though I felt short of time while attempting 6 questions in last 2 mins. It was basically the result of that 85 lines passage that came in appearance when 10 mins were remaining. I did the passage and now 5 mins were remaing when another passage came and with the advent of this new passage, I knew I was fucked now. It was really terrible when there were 6 questions and 2 minutes but well, somehow I managed to attempt all and escape from the penalty.
After doing some click and committing that yes, I wished to see my scores and not to cancel them, the software showed me my score(by the way the software, created by microsoft was really good, the processings were quick and one can easily find the information one may need during the exam). The first glance at 800, which was my quant score, soothed me little bit, as it was my least target. And the second glance at 530 made me yet more happier. I dont want to say that 1330 is a very good score but it is what I am happy with. So, with the advent of this moment in my life, now the life is now at a new track where I have kept all my books aside, as I am sick of them now(and dont want to even see their face) and have started doing all those things that I would love doing and sparing my time with.
With this, my life-train had come to a station where I could relax and chill for sometime but soome I realized the fact that running on this track is also as important as relaxing and chilling. My next job happens to be selecting universities, which is perhaps a difficult task with a profile like mine, having the most weird diversities as in all my B.Tech., I did the things that I really enjoyed doing and never ever bothered choosing things that were related and went in one stream. Scattered different kind of work, rather than one more coherent, is sure giving hard time in choosing right program, at some good university, that matches my profile.
But the moral from all this I draw is - The ambitions never end and the life-train will keep running, relax and chill but keep running as well.......
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment